Friday, December 29, 2006

Bracelets for Breast Cancer


DSCN6829, originally uploaded by sunfleur1.

My newest thing is crocheting beads and wires to make pretty things. I was getting burned out on knitting and my mom's situation was getting to me. She was diagnosed with an agressive breast cancer in Nov. 2006. She was told all kinds of scary things by her local doctors and it wasn't until we went to Boston to talk to doc there for a 2nd opinion that things became clearer. She had a lumpectomy done the next day and the doc thinks they got it all.

Anyway, I made these bracelets and keychains to relieve my stress. I made them for my child's daycare teachers as gifts, but thought I could sell them too. I would donate partial or whole proceeds to various breast cancer charities. I have already donated some, but if you would like to help out, you can get something in return by purchasing one of my items.

My mom is fine for now. We find out how much chemo she will need in a couple of weeks, but we are hopeful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home